“I Didn’t Know You Did That”: 5 Must-Haves Before We Dive Into A Web Design Project
We hear this statement oh so often, and it is likely because our team wears so many hats! Website design is a service we offer as part of our branding efforts for new and existing clients. Your website speaks to your business’s mission, vision, goals, talents, and more, so it’s incredibly helpful gather the following information prior to enlisting our web design skills so we can ensure that your website reflects those values properly!
- Also known as, your business bible. It’s easy to build websites, but the essence of your brand personality should be displayed front and center. Your brand guidelines should walk us through fonts, colors, patterns, textures, etc. – all of the visual aspects of your brand. The guidelines should also include specific ways of saying things, especially any industry lingo we may need to know.
- Despite how much we love to write, all verbiage must come from you. We are always happy to review content and change for flow, but the passion you have for your business and your clients should come from you!
All Backend User Names and Passwords
- No one ever wants to hear ‘all that work for nothing’. When we build websites, it is critical to back-up edits on the admin/server side. There are many changes that happen so fast and before things are lost, we want to safely save them just in case the ‘what ifs’ happen.
- Ever been lost without a map? If you haven’t – it’s not that much fun and causes a lot of unwanted stress. This map acts as a guide for your website. It becomes a placeholder for all pages to be organized, placed or linked. We love a well-curated site map!
Connections and Credits
- Featuring photography on your website? Credit your photographers. Want to be social with your clients? Link your social media accounts to your website for easy access for them to take a glimpse into your ‘real-time’ world. Do you serve on a board or have won an award? Link those as well!
Your website is the face of your company. Make it clean, polished and well-managed. And, don’t forget to update and back up regularly. Yes, that will mean putting down the phone and hopping on from time to time, to keep it from collecting dust!